KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 TRUNG HỌC PHỔ THÔNG
Khoá ngày 11 tháng 06 năm 2016 tại TP.HCM
Môn thi : ANH VĂN Thời gian: 60 phút (không tính thời gian giao đề)
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1. Disneyland __________ its 60th birthday on Saturday 18 July, 2015.
A. celebrated B. congratulated C. complicated D. complimented
2. __________ the 3rd day of the Lunar New Year, pupils often pay their teachers a visit.
A. To B. On C. In D. At
3. Our little son was sleepy when we were walking to the park;________, we went home early.
A. therefore B. however C. moreover D. although
4. People _________ do not love nature may not love anything else in life.
A. whom B. whose C. which D. who
5. Speaker 1: “Excuse me. Do you mind if I sit here?” – Speaker 2:”_________”
A. You’re right B. Not at all! Go ahead C. Sure, thanks. D. Really? Good!
6. The small bamboo forest _________ the entrance to the village makes it picturesque.
A. at B. in C. on D. to
7. About 70% of the earth’s __________ is covered with water.
A. world B. atmosphere C. ocean D. surface
8. The teacher ________ Van if she had ever tried calling a helpline.
A. said B. advised C. asked D. suggested
9. Speaker 1: “______” Speaker2 : “Sơn Đoòng is a new tourist destination.”
A. Let’s eat out this evening! B. We need a holiday, dear!
C. I miss my relatives in Huế! D. I’d like to cook something special food.
10. I chose to buy the house in District 9 ______ avoid noise and pollution.
A. so that B. in order that C. so as to D. in order not
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (0,5 pt)
11. One of the great pleasures of to travel to another country is eating different dishes.
A B C D
12. The drought that caused by El Nino weather patterns is hitting Thailand and Cambodia.
A B C D
III. Read the following letter. Decide if the statements from 13 to 16 are, True or False and choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D) for the questions 17 and 18.
I am writing this to tell you how much you are missed and loved, especially on such a special day as today. I will always remember that day – my graduation day. You were standing there with tears in your eyes while I was walking towards the stage to get my diploma, a moment in time that would last forever. You are such a devoted father who has always taken very good care of family and me. I now live independently, Dad, and I’ve experienced the difficulties of being and adult, and I am going to have my own children with all the burden of being a parent. I understand and love you more. After all, I will always be your little naughty son! Happy Father’s Day.
13. This is a letter written by a man to his father. True
14. The father cried when his son was on his way to the stage. True
15. The letter is sent from a son to his father on the son’s graduation day. False
16. The writer of this letter has no difficulty living an adult’s life. False
17. What is the letter mainly about?
A. The writer’s study at university B. The writer’s childhood memory
C. The writer’s thankfulness to the father D. The writer’s marriage life
18. Which of the following can be inferred from the letter?
A. The father is quite irresponsible
B. The writer is in disagreement with the father
C. The writer has a lot of experience in work.
D. The writer very much respects the father.
IV.Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (1,5pts)
Britain will soon ban smoking in cars with children. Britain’s government wants (19)______ the harm cigarette smoke does to children. New laws will cut the chances of children passive smoking. This is when someone breathes in the (20)______ from other people’s cigarettes. Many studies say passive smoking can almost be as (21) ______ as actually smoking a cigarette. The British government says that it has looked at research pointing out that children who sit in smoke-filled cars have (22)_____ problems. It in particularly bad in cars because there is so little space, so the car fills with smoke very quickly. (23)_________ agrees with the new law. Some lawmakers argue that it takes away the freedom for people to smoke in their own car. However, Britain’s health minister states that the health of children is more (24)___________ than the freedom to smoke.
19. A. reduce B. to reducing C. to reduce D. reducing
20. A. gas B. tobacco C. smell D. smoke
21. A. harmful B. heavy C. careless D. tired
22. A. traffic B. housing C. health D. economic
23. A. Everyone B. No one C. Not everyone D. Every lawmaker
24. A. important B. useful C. serious D. interesting
VI. Use the correct tense or form of the verb given in each sentences. (1.0 pt)
25. The local government has plans to modernize this city. [modern]
26. That exchange student can speak English and Spanish fluently. [fluent]
27. Nowadays, Vietnamese women still wear ao dai, especially on a special occasion. [occasional]
28. Some styles of jeans in the 1960s were embroidered jeans, painted jeans and so on. [embroider]
29. Too much dependence on the parent spoils a child. [depend]
30. Despite the benefits of the Internet, the users sometimes suffer various risks. [variety]
VI. Rearrange the groups of words in a correct order to make complete sentences (0.5pt)
31. Our parents were happy to hear all of us had made considerable progress
32. The Academy of Language offers you a good and friendly and environment to practise your English.
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means almost the same as the sentence printed before it, (2.0pts)
33. We wish we could try all the special food of the village.
34. She said that she wanted to send her son to a university in the UK.
35. If you don’t work hard enough, you won’t pass this entrance examination
36. Three more new schools will be opened in the town next autumn by The Prime Minister.
Trung Học PT Vĩnh Viễn – TP.HCM
73/7 LÊ TRỌNG TẤN QUẬN TÂN PHÚ
CÁCH NGÃ 4 TRƯỜNG CHINH – TÂN KỲ TÂN QUÝ 600M
ĐT 38 16 0000. WEB: VINHVIEN.EDU.VN