KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 TRUNG HỌC PHỔ THÔNG
Khoá ngày 02 tháng 06 năm 2018 tại TP.HCM
Moân thi : ANH VĂN Thời gian: 60 phút (không tính thời gian giao đề)
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1. Are you ______ teaching on Saturday mornings this term?
A. enjoy B. likely C. busy D. expected
2. I hope _______ to know this beautiful city better.
A. to have B. to get C. to need D. to appear
3. Jeff completely ignored what I said and _____ on eating.
A. put B. tried C. went D. depended
4. The ones about _________ I have been worried these days are the students of mine.
A. that B. whom C. whose D. which
5. I suggest that we should ______ people from catching fish by using electricity.
A. let B. relate C. prohibit D. encourage
6. Mr. Loc, who teaches Maths here, speaks very ______ English.
A. best B. good C. well D. fluently
7. Watching TV all day is a bad habit _____ we get no exercise and eat unhealthy snacks.
A. but B. though C. because D. therefore
8. A recycled plastic bottle saves enough ______ to run a 60-watt light bulb for 6 hours.
A. energy B. money C. electron D. life
9. _Hai Anh : “_______” _Minh Phuong : “Why not?”
A. You should cook the meal now B. How about cooking the meal now?
C. Have you cooked the meal? D. We’d better be cooking the meal.
10 _Sue : “Thank you very much for your donation.” _Peter : “______”
A. Yes, do it now B. Sure, I’ll do it C. Not a chance D. It’s my pleasure
1. C 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. C
6. B 7. C 8. A 9. B 10. D
II.Look at the signs. Choose the best answer (A,B,C or D) for each sign (0,5 pt)
11. What does the sign say?
A. You can drive as fast as you can.
B. Beware of careless drivers
C. Slippery road is ahead
D. You cannot drive a car on this road.
12. What does the sign say?
A. Littering is permitted here
B. We must not use recycle bins.
C. We must put waste paper into the bin
D. Dust bins can be found everywhere.
11. C 12. C
III. Read the following passage. Decide if the statements from 13 to 16 are True or False and choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D) for the questions 17 and 18.
We can develop alternative sources of energy, and unless we try we’ll never succeed. Instead of burning fossil fuels we should be concentrating on more economical uses of electricity, because electricity can be produced from any sources of energy. If we didn’t waste so much energy, our resources would last longer. We can save more energy by conservation than we can produce for the same money. Unless we do research on solar energy, wind power, tidal power, hydroelectric plants … our fossil fuels will run out and we’ll all freeze or starve to death. Several countries are spending much more time and money on research because the energy from the sun, the waves, and the winds last forever. We won’t really survive unless we start working on cleaner and safer sources of energy.
13. Fossil fuels are renewable sources of energy.
14. Electricity can be produced from the sea.
15. The energy from the sun, the waves and the winds will never be used up.
16. We really need to worry about cleaner and safer sources of energy.
17. What is the passage mainly about?
A. We are facing huge lack of energy.
B. Electricity is the main energy we use.
C. Alternative sources of energy must be developed.
D. It is impossible to have safer sources of energy.
18. Which source of energy cannot last forever?
A. coal B. wind C. water D. waves
13. F 14. T 15. T 16. T 17. C 18. A
IV.Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (1,5pts)
Two British policemen were (19)_______ to investigate a flying saucer on March 31, 1989, the day before April Fool’s Day. When the policemen arrived at a field in Survey, they saw a small figure wearing a silver space (20)________ walking out of a spacecraft. Immediately the police ran off in the opposite direction. Reports revealed that the alien was in fact a small person, and the flying saucer was a hot air balloon that had been specially built to look (21)________ a UFO by Richard Branson, the 36-year-old chairman of Virgin Records.
Branson had planned to (22) _______ the balloon in London’s Hyde Park on April 1. However, a wind change had brought him down in a Survey field. The police received a lot of phone calls from terrified motorists as the balloon drifted over the motorway. One lady was so (23)_____ by the incident that she was crying as she was (24)______ the UFO to a radio station.
19. A. run B. sent C. spent D. come
20. A. suit B. cloth C. denim D. linen.
21. A. like B. as C. for D. after
22. A. fly B. land C. erupt D. collapse
23. A. pleasing B. terrific C. shocked D. amazed
24. A. telling B. saying C. phoning D. describing
Chú ý: Thí sinh chỉ ghi mẫu tự A, B, C, hoặc D vào ô trả lời
19. B 20. A 21. A
22. B 23. C 24. D
V. Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence. (1.0 pt)
25. Have you read the _______ of our school closing ceremony? (announce)
26. In the 18th century jean cloth was made _______ from cotton. (complete)
27. The next stage in the development of television is ________ TV. (active)
28. Some _________ have raised people’s awareness of rhinos’ protection. (conservation)
29. Sweden has a(n) _______ solar energy program. (advance)
30. We all enjoy listening to his ________ stories (humor)
Answers: 25. announcement 26. completely 27. interactive
28. conservationists 29. advanced 30. humorous
VI. Rearrange the groups of words in a correct order to make complete sentences (0.5pt)
31. that family members/ a celebration/ Tet is so important/ try to come back home/ living apart/./
32. and developing nations/ the rivers and seas/ for polluting/ Both developed/ are responsible/./
Thí sinh viết tiếp nhóm từ và dấu câu theo đúng trình tự vào phần trả lời để hình thành câu hoàn chỉnh.
31. Tet is so important a celebration that family members living apart try to come back home.
32. Both developed and developing nations are responsible for polluting the rivers and seas.
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means almost the same as the sentence printed before it, (2.0pts)
33. We are eager to make a trip to the countryside this July
34. It’s two months since we last saw a movie.
35. Minh does not speak English as well as Lan.
36. Stop using the computer after 10 P.M.
Thí sinh viết tiếp câu đúng yêu cầu của đề dẫn
33. We are looking forward to making a trip to the countryside this July
34. We haven’t seen a movie for two months
35. Minh wishes he could speak English as well as Lan
36. You must shut down the computer after 10 P.M.
(THPT Vĩnh Viễn – TP.HCM)