KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 TRUNG HỌC PHỔ THÔNG
Khoá ngày 02 tháng 06 năm 2019 tại TP.HCM
Môn thi : ANH VĂN Thời gian: 60 phút (không tính thời gian giao đề)
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1. My uncle, _______ is a computer programmer, works at New York’s Columbia University.
A. whom B. whose C. who D. which
2. The whole incident was captured ___________ CCTV at the shopping mall yesterday.
A. at B. on C. in D. above
3. Internet users often suffer various risks, such as spam or ___________ junk mail.
A. scientific B. electric C. electronic D. traffic
4. In 2019 Brunei has a __________ of just over 439,300.
A. currency B. collection C. religion D. population
5. Last weekend, Ba invited Liz to join his family on a ____________to his home village.
A. two-days trip B. two-day trip C. Trip of two-day D. two-day’s trip
6. The __________ lot is kept under video surveillance, so you needn’t worry about your car.
A. parker B. parking C. parks D. park-keeper
7. The Internet is available almost everywhere now ________, some people have never got access to it.
A. Although B. So that C. However D. Therefore
8. Most robots are empowered by artificial ______, or AI, and machine learning technology
A. intelligence B. internet C. information D. interest
9. __Hai Dang : " Do you think wearing uniforms is a good idea?" Minh Dan : “_____”
A. Well done. You did it
B. Yeah. You don’t have to think of what to wear every day
C. It’s nice of you to say so
D. Yes, I can. And so can all of my friends.
10. ___Tim : “________” ___Paul: “I disagree. The course is too expensive for us”
A. That academy isn’t good B. That summer course is unaffordable
C. Do you like that course? D. Why not take that summer course?
1. C 2. B 3. C 4. D 5. B
6. B 7. C 8. A 9. B 10. D
II.Look at the signs. Choose the best answer (A,B,C or D) for each sign (0,5 pt)
11. What does the sign (A) say?
You mustn’t the sign say
You shouldn’t drive under the influence of drugs.
You must be careful with drunk drivers.
You should be careful as there is a pub ahead.
12. What does sign (B) say?
Disabled people can stand here.
This is a forbidden area for the handicapped.
Facilities for disabled people are available here
The handicapped must stay here all times.
11. A 12. C
III. Read the following passage. Decide if the statements from 13 to 16 are True or False and choose the correct answer (A, B, C or D) for the questions 17 and 18.
There is a list of interesting jobs that we'll never have again, and a town crier is, of course, on the list. it's been a long time since town criers worked professionally, so there are not many people knowing who town criers were. Today we can only see them in the movies or at some old tourist sites. Before newspapers were invented, a town crier, who was usually an older gentleman with a booming voice, always dressed officially and had a little bell which he carried with him always. His job was to go through city streets ringing the bell and shouting the latest news as he was walking.
The occupation of the town crier was quickly replaced by radio, television, texting, internet, and all the marvels of modern technology. Today this occupation exists only for entertaining purposes and as local folklore. Competitions for the best town criers are still being held in some parts of the world like America. Australia, Canada and England.
13. A lot of people now work as professional town criers.
14. Today people can get to know about town criers in films and at some tourist attractions
15. Town criers had worked professionally before mass media were invented.
16. Town criers used to wear casual clothes when working.
17. What is the passage mainly about?
A. The birth of town crying
B. Town crying, an extinct job
C. Town criers and modern technology
D. Town crying for entertainment
18. It can be inferred from the passage that town criers used to
A. live in a town square. B. be waited and welcomed to town squares.
C. make loud deep sounds. D. take part in competitions in western countries
13. False 14. True 15. True 16. False 17. C 18. B
IV.Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (1,5pts)
There are many ways to cut the (19)_____ of your power bill in your home. Take a look at the way we choose computers (a laptop or a desktop computer). A laptop is a computer that is small enough (20)_______ carried around easily and is flat when closed. While a desktop computer is the one that fits on a desk but that is not easily moved from place to place.
Regardless of their convenience difference, choosing a laptop or a desktop computer may result in a signficant difference in energy (21)______ . I’m writing this by using a laptop with power (22)________ features switched on – using around 50 watts maximum. Back some years ago, I woul;d work with a desktop computer with a 17’’ CRT screen – around 300 watt all told.
The following are some rough (23)_________ based on coal fired power generation for just the computer aspect:
In the case of cal fired electricity, each kilowatt you save not only puts (24)______ back into your pockets, but also avoids up to 1.5 pounds of carbon dioxide emission being generated.
19. A. energy B. costs C. households D. power
20. A. having B. being C. to be D. to have
21. A. efficiency B. affection C. production D. effect
22. A. consuming B. lighting C. saving D. sleeping
23. A. innovations B. productions C. settings D.calculations
24. A. cash B. debt C. product D. economy
Chú ý: Thí sinh chỉ ghi mẫu tự A, B, C, hoặc D vào ô trả lời
19. B 20. C 21. A
22. C 23. D 24. A
V. Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence. (1.0 pt)
25. Ha Noi will have temperature between 23°C and 27°C. [temperate]
26. It's worrying that natural disasters are becoming increasingly damaging. [increase]
27. UFO stands for " Unidentified Flying Object", which is also known as a flying saucer. [identify]
28. Although robots have proved to be significant, they still have a few limitations. [limit]
29. You can finish the work at home on Sunday if necessary [necessity]
30. The police responded to the emergency quickly and the victims were rescued. [response]
VI. Rearrange the groups of words in a correct order to make complete sentences (0.5pt)
31. India, downing trees / and power lines, causing /has hit / widespread damage/ a powerful cyclone /./
32. what would you do?/ If you had / and playing games endlessly, a 15-year-old/boy staying up too late/./
Thí sinh viết tiếp nhóm từ và dấu câu theo đúng trình tự vào phần trả lời để hình thành câu hoàn chỉnh.
Phần trả lời:
31. A powerful cyclone has hit India, downing trees and power lines, causing widespread damage.
32. If you had a 15-year-old boy staying up too late and playing games endlessly, what would you do?
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means almost the same as the sentence printed before it, (2.0pts)
33. Nowadays young people pay more attention to traditional festivals than they did some years ago.
→ Some years back young people did not pay as much attention to traditional festivals as they do nowadays.
34. This is the first time they have experienced the wonderful feeling in space.
→ They have never experienced the wonderful feeling in space until now.
35. We should teach young children to care for the environment.
→ I suggest young children should be taught to take care for the environment.
36. Drivers and passengers must fasten the seat belt when travelling in cars.
→ It is compulsory for drivers and passengers to fasten the seat belt when travelling in cars.
(THPT Vĩnh Viễn – TP.HCM)