KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 TRUNG HỌC PHỔ THÔNG
Khoá ngày 21 tháng 06 năm 2012 tại TP.HCM
Môn thi : ANH VĂN Thời gian: 60 phút (không tính thời gian giao đề)
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1. - “I won the first prize in the last spelling contest”. - “_______”
A. It’s nice of you. B. Congratulations! C. Good luck! D. Try harder next time.
2. The course _______ a class book, a practice book and an audio tape.
A. consists B. contains C. comprises D. Composes
3. I decided not to move to that house_______ its neighborhood is noisy.
A. because B. though C. because of D. so
4. I suggest that all of you _______ hard for the coming exam.
A. working B. to work C. should work D. so
5. If John were here now, he _______ me with the work.
A. would help B. will help C. may help D. helps
6. Nowadays, _______ can watch a variety of local and international programs on different channels.
A. spectators B. audiences C. seers D. viewers
7. _______Christmas, children enjoy singing Christmas carols.
A. On B. At C. Since D. For
8. The matches of EURO 2012 are taking place_______ Ukraine and Poland.
A. in B. on C. at D. out of
9. The lady_______ works as a clerk is kind and generous.
A. whom B. that C. she D. whose
10. – Giang: “Your hairstyle is terrific, Lan!” - Lan : “_______”
A. Yes, that’s all right. C. Thanks for the curls.
B. Thanks! I had it done this morning. D. Never mention it.
1B 2C 3A 4C 5A 6D 7B 8A 9B 10B
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (0,5 pt)
11. They are reconstructing all the buildings that were collapsed in devastating storm last week.
A B C D
12. Our teacher of English is very amusing that he easily appeals to us all.
A B C D
III. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in the following passage. (1,5pts)
Every day, in homes all over the world, people waste huge (13) _______ of energy and water. Hong Kong is estimated to waste about $5 billion worth of energy a year. This is due to their bad habits. For example, leaving lights, air-conditioners and televisions on when no one is in the room (14) _______ for wasteful energy consumption. Using too much water, or not (15) _______ dripping taps, also contributes to the problem. Most people do not realize (16) _______ saving energy in the home will actually save them money. If people use (17) _______ energy, gas and electricity bills will become lower. Most of the ways we can use to decrease energy consumption in the home are very simple. The most obvious one is (18) _______ household appliances when they are not in use.
13. A. numbers B. sums C. amounts D. qualities
14. A. explains B. accounts C. provides D. cares
15. A. closing B. reducing C. fixing D. breaking
16. A. which B. there C. whether D. that
17. A. lower B. fewer C. more D. less
18. A. turn off B. turn on C. break down D. break up
13C 14B 15C 16D 17D 18A
IV. Read the two leaflets, then decide if the statements that follows them are True or False
19. Intermediate learners of English can attend classes at Canadian Council. True
20. All courses at Canadian Council begin in mid-July. True
21. Learners can prepare for French PET certificate exams at Smartlearn. False
22. Smartlearn teaching staff are well-trained and experienced True
V. Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence
23. A disastrous storm swept through the countryside at midnight. (disaster)
24. We can store necessary information in a 4GB USB. (inform)
25. Fashion designers enjoy an interesting, well-paid job. (design)
26. Geographic Channel is a popular science program on TV. (science)
27. A complaint letter should be ended politely. (polite)
28. Rain will reach coastal areas at the end of this week. (coast)
VI. Use the correct tense or form of the verb given in each sentence.
29. Young people are keen on wearing fashionable clothes. (wear)
30. They were watching TV all evening yesterday. (watch)
31. Unfortunately, he has had three accidents recently. ( have)
32. A new photocopier was put in last week. (put)
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means almost the same as the sentence printed before it.
33. Lucie doesn’t swim as fast as her sister.
🡪 Lucie’s sister swims faster than Lucie.
34. I’m so sorry I can’t play the piano.
🡪 I wish I could play the piano.
35. “May we use the computer now?” they said to the teacher.
🡪They asked the teacher if they were allowed to use the computer at the time.
( câu này có nhiều hơn 3 đáp án đúng …)
36. When did she start preparing for her overseas study?.
🡪 How long has she prepared for her overseas study?.
THPT VĨNH VIỄN