KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH LỚP 10 TRUNG HỌC PHỔ THÔNG
Khoá ngày 21 tháng 06 năm 2014 tại TP.HCM
Môn thi : ANH VĂN Thời gian: 60 phút (không tính thời gian giao đề)
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1.- “Do you like watching the news. Thang?” – “___________. It’s very informative.”
A. Yes, I do B. Not really C. No, I don’t D. Quite the opposite
2. Plastic bags seem good for carrying things. _________, people carelessly throw them away after use.
A. Because B. However C. Although D. Therefore
3. An anthem is a song which is sung _______ special occasions.
A. of B. at C. on D. in
4. It was the world’s ________ volcanic eruption in more than 50 years.
A. large B. larger C. the largest D. largest
5. The 2014 UN Day of Vesak attracted thousands of Buddhists from nearly 100 countries ________ the world.
A. on B. at C. around D. above
6. In the afternoon, when Tam _______ his homework, he helps Mr.Brown on the farm.
A. takes B. completes C. does D. makes.
7. Mr.Bao said , “I am so ________ of having been a Dien Bien Phu soldier.”
A. interested B. excited C. proud D. keen
8. They _________ go fishing offshore if they had a bigger boat.
A. can B. may C. could D. will
9. “To the ____________ me to love this country.”
A. person teaches B. man that teach C. one who teaches D. who teaching
10. – “_______” - “But Grandma, the forecast says it’ll be sunny.”
A. Remember the new words by heart B. Let’s eat out
C. Let me go shopping D. Don’t forget to bring along a raincoat
1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D 5. C
6.B 7. C 8. C 9. C 10.D
II. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting. (0,5 pt)
11.Plastic is make from natural gases and petroleum – a thick oil that people remove from the earth.
A B C D
12. The festival was an opportunity to tighten solidarity and friendly to make a better society.
A B C D
Answers: 11. A 12. C
III. Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (1,5pts)
If you ask me about the person who has the most influence on my life, I must (13)________ you it is my father. You ask me what I think about my father. Great! great! My father is the best person in the world. Do you know what I (14)_____ ? He is a considerate and generous man who is loved not only by his family (15)______ by all his friends. His great sense of humor (16)_______ him from others. To his colleagues, he is a (17)_____ man who is always helpful and creative in his job. In a word, my father’s terrific! I’m so happy to have him as a friend, an advisor, and (18)_____ a father. I love him so much. Happy Father’s Day, Daddy!
13. A. speak B. say C. tell D. talk
14. A. suppose B. expect C. believe D. mean
15. A. but also B. and also C. but as well D. and neither
16. A. amuses B. takes C. prevents D. distinguishes
17. A. hard-work B. working- hard C. hard-working D. work-hard
18. A. besides B. almost C. above all D. at least
Chú ý: Thí sinh chỉ ghi mẫu tự A, B, C, hoặc D vào ô trả lời
13. C 14. D 15.A
16. D 17.C 18.C
IV. Read the passage, then decide if the statements that follow it are True or False. (1.0 pt)
The ao dai, the traditional dress of Vietnamese women, has a long history. In the early 17th century, Vietnamese clothing designers made changes to the design of the traditional Chinese costume, creating the primitive forms of the present ao dai. This creativity showed Vietnam’s strong sense of independence. The ao dai, with different designs and materials, was traditionally worn by both men and women. Over the years, despite the coming of western clothing for more convenience in daily activities of modern life, the ao dai has been there to stay. Therefore, Vietnamese women go on wearing this unique dress, which is both traditional and fashionable and which conveys our rich culture to the world.
19. The ao dai had its start at the beginning of the 17th century.
20. Vietnamese ao dai and Chinese dresses are exactly the same.
21. Both men and women wore the ao dai in Vietnam many years back.
22. Although a little inconvenient in modern life, the ao dai is uniquely fashionable.
Thí sinh viết đầy đủ từ True hoặc False vào ô trả lời.
Mọi cách viết khác đều không được chấm điểm.
Answers: 19. True 20. False 21. True 22. True
V. Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence . (1.5 pts)
23. The drivers have left lots of garbage on the ground after their ________________ (refresh)
24. One of the things that make our country ______________is the East Sea. (beauty)
25. The _______________ were disappointed that people had spoiled the area. (environmental)
26. That industrial country is seeking and exploiting ______________ resources to satisfy its demand. (nature)
27. To attend the course, you first need to pass our ___________ Vietnamese test. (speaking)
28. The fishing boat was______________ damaged in the storm. (bad)
Answers: 23. refreshment 24. beautiful 25. environmentalists
26. natural 27. speaking 28. badly
VI. Use the correct tense or form of the verb given in each sentences. (1.0 pt)
29. If the weather __________ bad tomorrow, we will not go camping. (be)
30. You should take part in _________ used paper and cans for recycling. (collect)
31. No one _______ picnic lunches for us yet . (provide)
32. I can also _________ with my friends by means of e-mails. (communicate)
Answers: 29. is 30. collecting 31. has provided 32. communicate
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means almost the same as the sentence printed before it. ( 2.0 pts)
33. It’s a pity I don’t have more time for my hobby.
🡪 I wish
34. Why don’t you make posters on energy saving?
🡪 I suggest that you
35. “We are keen on setting out to sea again,” said the fishermen.
🡪 The fishermen said that
36. They began using that computer three months ago.
🡪 That computer has
33. I wish I had more time for my hobby.
34. I suggest that you should make posters on energy saving
35. The fishermen said that they were keen on setting out to sea again
36. That computer has been used for 3 months.
(THPT Vĩnh Viễn – TP.HCM)